APRA Canada 2016 Conference – October 12-14, 2016 – Toronto, ON
APRA Canada's upcoming conference will take place October 12th to 14th, 2016 once again at the (newly renovated) Courtyard Marriott.
Early bird (until June 30, 2016) - $495 APRA Canada members / $535 non-members
Regular price (after June 30, 2016) - $545 APRA Canada members / $585 non-members
Please direct questions to conference co-chair Julie Linkletter.
2016 Conference Scholarship Opportunities
APRA Canada supports its members in pursuing professional development through Conference attendance. We are committed to providing funds for quality education and networking opportunities for our Canadian researchers. This year we are able to offer three scholarships, two the APRA Canada Conference this October in Toronto (valued up to $1,000 CDN each) and one to the APRA International Conference this July in Nashville (valued up to $1,500 CND).
In August of 2012, the Canadian prospect research community lost a valued member. Radhika Jaggernauth passed away after being diagnosed with cancer. Radhika was an APRA Canada Director responsible for the Regional Representatives and had given a great deal of time volunteering withAPRA over the years. Radhika contributed directly to the success of a number of organizations including the Heart and Stroke Foundation, UNICEF and the United Way of Greater Toronto. A kind hearted, funny, inquisitive, and focused individual - committed to APRA Canada and the research profession. In Radhika's honour, the 2011-2012 Board of Directors renamed the APRA Canada Scholarships the Radhika Jaggernauth Memorial Scholarships.
Radhika Jaggernauth Memorial Scholarship (3 available) The award(s) cover the cost of conference fees, travel and accommodations up to $1,000 (CDN) for the APRA Canada Conference (2 available) and up to $1,500 (CND) for the APRA International Conference (1 available). The funds will be distributed to the recipient following the Conference upon presentation of receipts and any other documentation.
· Applicants must demonstrate financial need and leadership potential.
· Applicants must work at least 50% of the time in advancement research for a nonprofit organization in a non-consulting capacity.
· Applicants must be current members of APRA Canada for at least 6 months.
· Previous scholarship or award winners must wait 3 years before applying again.
· APRA Canada Board Members cannot apply.
· APRA Canada Conference Committee Members cannot apply to the Canadian Conference.
· Applicants must not have a co-worker participating on the selection panel.
See more information here.