APRA Canada Hosting Twitter Talk - Wednesday, February 12, 2014 (1pm EST - 2pm EST)
Topics may include:
1) Innovative Approaches to Prospect Identification
2) Improving the Researcher/Fundraiser relationship
3) Prospect Management Best Practices
4) Incorporating Analytics into the Research Shop
5) Best Sources for Prospect Research
6) Ethics in Prospect Research
7) Essential Prospect Management Reports
8) Metrics for Defining Success for Prospect Researchers
9) Insert your idea here
We will request feedback on topics via Twitter starting on February 4. We will send out a final list of the topics chosen prior to the talk. Please participate to show your support of APRA Canada!
What is a Twitter talk?
A Twitter talk is simply an opportunity to get together virtually and talk shop using Twitter as the communication tool. It allows you to remain in the comfort of your cubicle while still engaging with other researchers across the world in real time.
How do I participate in the Twitter talk?
1. If you haven't done so yet, be sure to follow @APRA-HQ and @ApraCanada.
2. On February 12, login into your Twitter account and look for messages with the hashtag #apractalk. Or, you can go to http://tweetchat.com/ and login to this free service with your Twitter account. By using Tweetchat.com, you will be able to filter your Twitter feed so that it only includes the hashtag #apractalk. This free service also automatically adds the hashtag #apractalk to your tweets.
3. In the first few minutes of the talk, introduce yourself (including the hashtag #apractalk in your tweet, so we know you are participating in the conversation).
4. After that, swoop in the conversation with a tweet or two!
Questions: Tweet them to @apracanada or contact:
Tracey Church (@tracey_church or email@example.com)
Senior Consultant, Research & Analytics at KCI Ketchum Canada
President, APRA Canada
Whymark Austen (@whymarkausten or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prospect Research Officer, Western University
Director, Professional Development, APRA Canada
Sarah McCarthy (@sarahemccarthy or email@example.com)
Associate Director, Research, Ivey Business School, Western University
Twitter Talk Moderator