Associate Director, Fundraising Analysis and Research
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
Who are we?
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
The Fundraising Analysis and Research Department delivers analytical/planning support and research services to VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation to enhance the overall decision making and performance of the organization.
What's the opportunity?
Reporting to the Vice-President Organizational Performance & Partnerships, the Associate Director will provide integral insight, strategy and support to the fundraising and overall business efforts of the Foundation.
Using best practices in data analytics, modelling and reporting, the Associate Director plays a critical role in analyzing the fundraising programs and overall success of the organization informing critical leadership decision- making to build on revenue growth and deliver on targets. The role supports the Foundation to understand its market, context and donors and collaborates with other departments and leadership to support effective decision-making.
The Associate Director is responsible for analyzing complex data sets (CRM, financial data, external data sources) to support the goals and programs of the philanthropy division by identifying trends in fundraising and communicating analytical findings to leadership and program directors. Through this work, s/he recommends strategies intended to maximize results and return on invested resources.
The Associate Director is responsible for defining, implementing, and managing a comprehensive prospect management program at the Foundation driven by innovative analytics that ensures the use of best practices to maximize the potential of the prospect pool and fundraisers’ portfolios. S/he partners with fundraising departments and leadership to create a robust, steadily increasing pool of prospects for Foundation priorities.
The Associate Director assumes the full range of management accountabilities in relation to the research services team. S/he oversees the development of robust and comprehensive research services and fundraising analytics departments that follow best practice and strive to be industry leaders. The Associate Director ensures process and policies are developed and adhered to and are well-understood across organization. S/he provides strong and effective leadership and ensures that team members are developed and supported in their roles. The Associate Director motivates, guides and supports team members to understand long-term direction and contribute fully to the realization of the Foundation's goals and objectives.
What do you bring?
- A strategic and business development orientation with operational and financial acumen.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with business leads to create meaningful dashboards and reports that direct data- informed strategies, ideally with experience in specific technologies such as Tableau, Salesforce reporting and dashboards, or Einstein Analytics.
- An engaged and collaborative interpersonal style, with proven ability to build trusting relationships, negotiate effectively, act as a team lead and work productively as a member of a team
- Excellent facilitation skills and project management skills
- Ability to remain focused under pressure, particularly when faced with multiple, competing demands.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in fundraising or a related field is an asset
- Data science qualifications and/or business analyst experience preferred
What do we offer?
The successful person can expect a competitive yearly base salary between $88,305 and $100,920, depending on experience. Additional variable pay, benefits, flexible working arrangements, investment in professional development and subsidized access to fitness, cycling and parking facilities all contribute to a top-notch total rewards package. Start date: as soon as possible.
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter in a single pdf file, with your name and “Associate Director, Fundraising Analysis and Research” in the subject line and file name, by 9:00 am on January 18, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org