As Canada’s largest agency serving at-risk, homeless and trafficked youth, Covenant House Toronto changes lives by providing the widest range of services and support to as many as 300 youth a day. A national leader, we educate and advocate for change by influencing public policy and delivering prevention and awareness programs. More than a place to stay, we provide 24/7 crisis shelter and transitional housing on-site and in the community, along with comprehensive services including education, counselling, health care, employment assistance, job training and after-care. To do all this, we rely on donors for more than 80 per cent of our $30.6-million annual operating budget. Our doors are open to youth 16 to 24 regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or the circumstances that have brought them to our doors. Since opening our doors in 1982, Covenant House has served more than 95,000 young people.
Reporting to the Manager of Donor Stewardship and Engagement, this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and provide insights and support the strategy and direction to together build a successful major gifts portfolio. We are looking for a candidate who is organized with excellent attention to detail. If you have strong research and analytical skills and enjoy working independently while contributing to the overall success of the team we are looking for you.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Prepare research profiles for donor and prospect meetings and events
- Monitor and communicate relevant news, events and issues that pertain to major donors and our agency
- Research foundation and corporate funding opportunities
- Create and maintain a system for storing donor and prospect research
- Identify and qualify prospects using industry best practices
- Develop new strategies where possible for increased prospecting activities
- Prepare reporting tools on pipeline status
- Maintain moves management and prospect tracking to monitor fundraising targets along the pipeline
- Participate in prospect strategy meetings and provide relevant information for decision making
- Post-secondary education in the field of library sciences, information studies or a related field
- Minimum three years of related work experience
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with the Raiser’s Edge
- Experience working in a non-profit organization an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization and administration skills
- Understanding prospect research techniques and available sources
Proficient in internet research is essential
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and ensure timely project completion.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills required
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Works independently
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Human Resources, on or before February 22, 2019.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We thank all applicants however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.