Are you inspired by the opportunity to be part of a movement to create a new kind of health care in Mississauga, Peel Region and West Toronto? Are you a technically savvy database administrator who’s willing to join a growing team and help it make the most of its information, tools and technology? Keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Trillium Health Partners Foundation.
Trillium Health Partners is the largest community-based academic health network in Ontario serving over 2.2 million people in its catchment area. The hospital encompasses three main sites – the Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre – offering a full range of acute care hospital services, as well as being the designated regional care centre for several programs including paediatrics, cardiac, renal, and cancer care.
Working with donors, Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners. THPF is a team of 35 professionals that strategically drives success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country. Having raised more than $32 million last year, our organization is positioned for growth, and is in the planning stages of a large-scale comprehensive campaign. Join our team and help us inspire investment in a new kind of health care for a healthier community.
THE POSITION – OVERVIEW
THPF believes in the value of prospect research to enable fundraising growth and enhance the experience of our donors and team members. Reporting to the Manager, Prospect Development & Research, this position will be responsible for assisting in providing relevant, strategic, and actionable information on prospective donors and donors to support fundraising efforts.
The Coordinator, Prospect Research, will be a member of the Philanthropy Team of Trillium Health Partners Foundation and will work closely with team members to support fundraising in the areas of major and transformational gifts, specifically individual giving, corporate engagement, and community initiatives.
The successful candidate will deliver on a range of responsibilities to enable our entire Foundation team, including:
- Assist with the identification and qualification of new prospective donors for the Foundation
- Research and evaluate prospects for financial ability, philanthropic interests, and connection to the hospital and the Foundation
- Interpret findings from research activities and prepare prospect research profiles for the Philanthropy team
- Enter qualification research and research profiles, proactively update and maintain information on prospective donor and donors within the donor database
- Assist with maintaining the prospect management system in the donor database
- Track local and national news as it relates to the Foundation’s donors and prospects, community, economic, and philanthropic trends through recurring media resource scans and alerts
- Assist other teams as needed with their research needs, e.g. event sponsorship, event bios
The ideal candidate for this role will display the following qualifications and skills:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a non-profit or fundraising environment
- Understanding of the concept of prospect research and development
- Creative, inquisitive, resourceful, and logical thinker with ability to work with ambiguity
- Flexible and adaptable team player with strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Some knowledge of the range of resources available to prospect researchers and how to apply those resources effectively
- Exhibit a high level of maturity and aptitude for working in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented thinker with strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- An eagerness and willingness to learn new skills
- Donor database experience – the Raiser’s Edge
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite – PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- University or other post-secondary education is preferred
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset, but not required
At Trillium Health Partners Foundation, we care passionately about fulfilling the needs of our hospital and our community. To achieve this objective, our team is committed to embodying the values of our team-created “ICARE” philosophy: inspiration, courage, accountability, respect, and excellence. The selected candidate must be eager and able to contribute to advancing this organizational culture and including:
- A willingness to work flexible hours with some after-hours work required
- Work may take place across the multiple sites of Trillium Health Partners and Trillium Health Partners Foundation
- Please submit your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications deadline: Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- For further information on Trillium Health Partners Foundation we invite you to visit our website at www.trilliumgiving.ca.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.