Development Officer, Prospect Research and Management
Application deadline: August 15, 2019
Development Officer, Prospect Research and Management is a strategic member of Luminato Development Team and is responsible for driving the prospecting and pipeline processes in support of fundraising. A leader for data integrity, enhancement and improvement, you will provide recommendations and implementation plans for new workflow standards, methodologies and best business practices.
The ideal candidate has a firm understanding of the importance and practice of relationship building and will bring a skilled and process driven approach to prospect identification and research, inform cultivation and solicitation strategies. The position reports to Vice President, Philanthropy and works closely with Vice President, Corporate Partnerships and the entire development team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Prospect identification and strategy
- Identify and evaluate potential prospects using multiple sources
- Statistically identify prospects with relevant research, key relationships and connections to our networks.
- Develop profiles & briefing notes for major gift and corporate prospects, including cultivation and stewardship events.
- Draft proposals and impact reports for corporate, foundation and individual prospects aligning their interests to the program
- Liaise with program and production department on program descriptions, themes and budgets and maintain up to date program files
Database management training
- Create policies and procedures for managing the database and regularly align records in development and marketing databases
- Manage research tool software applications and make recommendations for new applications
- Create queries, reports and lists for mailings and event invitations.
- Conduct individual database training sessions for development staff and provide regular troubleshooting support.
Research & Analytics
- Develop and manage the strategic research plan aligned with the overall development plan and assess the impact and effectiveness of research activities.
- In collaboration with the Development team, devise strategies to obtain new prospects in order to ensure a robust and healthy donor and sponsor pipeline.
- Manage analytic initiatives with a focus around trend analysis, benchmarking, process improvement and efficiency while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Recommend cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies that best link donor and sponsor interests to organizational needs.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure that all qualified leads are managed appropriately towards the best outcome.
- Monitor and disseminate news, trends and issues that impact Luminato programs and networks
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Department on audience surveys and metrics and other impact measures and lead the post-festival donor and corporate partner impact reporting.
- Support the creation of a successful system of tracking moves management in Raiser’s Edge
- Regularly monitor the pipeline and ensure an active moves management cycle with Development team
- Oversee the donation acceptance and recognition process including maintenance of donation records, the gift administration of all contributions, official tax receipts, and letters of thanks that ensure CRA compliance.
- Develop, communicate, implement and maintain sound operating policies and procedures in accordance with CRA requirements and best practices.
- Ensure protocols are in place, adhering to all legal privacy requirements and ethical standards upheld by regulatory bodies and professional organizations for Luminato.
- Liaise with Finance on receipting of complex gifts, including gifts in kind, donations of stock, etc
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of directly related Prospect research experience
- Superior knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices, and in particular how systems and processes support efforts to identify, develop, and sustain relationships with donors.
- Deep experience and high level of knowledge maintaining information management systems, CRM management, and creating and implementing related policies and procedures.
- APRA membership and involvement will be a definite advantage.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work appropriately and oversee multiple priorities.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral), and a demonstrated ability to prepare and present brief but accurate and comprehensive reports and proposals to a variety of audiences.
- Sound judgment and ethical decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working collaboratively among all areas of an organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing and fundraising are an asset.
- Passion for philanthropy
The physical demands of the position include:
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
How to Apply
Please upload your resume and cover letter to Luminato’s online application portal by 5:00pm on August 16, 2019.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an in person interview) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.