POSITION TITLE: Major Gift Officer
CLASSIFICATION/ RATE OF PAY: Classification "VII" per Schedule A of the collective agreement
DEPARTMENT: Faculty of Human Kinetics & Campaign Office
"Enabling people to make a better world through education, scholarship, research and engagement" is the mission of the University of Windsor. New and renewed facilities, the creation of a downtown campus, expanded degree options, more co-op and experiential learning opportunities, and increased collaboration with institutions across the globe are just a few of the ways that we are extending our impact. The University of Windsor is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented, experienced fundraiser to be part of our team in the creation of the new Lancer Sport and Recreation Complex (LSRC). The University of Windsor Campaign Office plays a critical role in this transformation, and we welcome those looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Major Gift Officer is an integral part of the Faculty of Human Kinetics and the Development team whose focus will be on fundraising plans to support the University’s capital expansion as well as student scholarships, endowment and faculty and research development. This position will have responsibility for raising funds for the Faculty priority projects and plans.
The successful candidate will have:
• A University degree in an appropriate discipline, for example Law, Business, Communications, Arts or Science combined with three (3) to five (5) years of major gift fundraising experience
• Must have a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification or be willing and able to obtain certification
• Demonstrated performance success in cultivating, securing and stewarding major gifts
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing fundraising plans and related documents
• Experience in writing proposals and other persuasive documents
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience working with senior level staff and volunteers
• Superior listening skills and the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of potential stakeholders and translate them into attractive opportunities for investment in UWindsor’s priorities
• Must have demonstrated work experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Raiser’s Edge fundraising software (or equivalent)
• Must be willing to travel and work as needed on evenings, weekends and holidays and must have a valid Driver’s license
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
• Knowledge of the University of Windsor, its programs, services, fundraising priorities and related government funding. Ability to work in partnership at all levels within a University environment.
The University of Windsor is a welcoming community that is committed to equity and supports diversity in its teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University's Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Employment Coordinator (email@example.com). Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (OHREA) at www.uwindsor.ca/ohrea.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
EMPLOYEES INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE MUST APPLY ELECTRONICALLY BY COMPLETING AN "APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER" FORM AND FORWARDING WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: