Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy and Campaigns, the Manager, Prospect Development & Research will provide integral insight, and support and lead the prospect development strategy for the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Based in Toronto, this is an opportunity for someone to manage a team that provides research, strategy and suggested pathways for the engagement of key prospects and donors to ensure that the Foundation is well positioned to exceed its mandate in raising funds and its profile.
Who you are
You are passionate about helping others and you want to play a role in advancing change within our health systems through manage several processes related to: Prospect Identification, Prospect Research, Prospect Pipeline Management and Prospect Management.You want to partner with provincial development staff on prospect management policies and strategies and the implementation and maximization of tools and methods to support effective prospecting.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- Prospect Management Program/System Design
- Works closely with VP, Philanthropy and Campaign on building prospect management policies and development plans, including defining, implementing and managing a transparent prospect development program
- Works cross-functionally with senior leaders from all business units to gain approval/support on the prospect strategy for new initiatives and partnerships from concept stages onwards
- Prospect Development and Management
- Develops prospect identification process and ensures effective distribution and delivery of qualified prospect, including using data mining and predictive modeling techniques to identify new prospects.
- Works closely with senior fundraising and Foundation staff to identify the priorities and projects that need prospects identified for financial support
- Conducts routine assessments on the prospect portfolios assigned to each staff member to ensure prospects are being effectively managed through the pipeline
- Create tracking and evaluation systems for Development Officers allowing Provincial Leads the ability to effectively forecast financial fundraising targets.
- Support Provincial Leads with their respective budgets as it relates to major gift fundraising and assess performance against those budgets set out at the beginning of the year and flag where gifts may not be realized
- Works with the VP, Philanthropy and Campaign to contribute to the development and of annual budgets.
- Prospect Research Management and Services
- Provides direction and oversee the work of prospect research officers, ensuring goals are achieved through the creation of prospect profiles, meeting briefings, and prospect identification and analysis
- Determines research strategies and manages the production and distribution of research reports including providing quarterly research report on trends, opportunities or sectors that could benefit HSF’s mandate
- Serves as a subject matter expert on prospect research practices and tools.
- Information Management
- Maintains the prospect management system in the database, including determining key data/information needed to create meaningful reports
- Author and oversee the national prospect clearance process, ensuring a strategic and seamless experience for new prospects
- Ensures that ratings and evaluations are accurately added in the system and ensures that staff members are filing reports and managing their fundraising proposals effectively in the database.
- Talent Management
- Lead talent development, ensuring high standards, competence and that staff is well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential.
- Providing clear direction on business goals and priorities; ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals.
- Establish performance plan and objectives and review on an ongoing basis; provide coaching and feedback as per the performance management process
- As required, recruit skilled talent in support of current and future Foundation needs, following Foundation policies, interviewing methodology and assessment guidelines.
What you bring
- The education. You have a university degree or college diploma in a related field.
- The experience. You have 7-10 years’ experience in prospect management teams and in using analytics to fuel growth. You also have experience with donor strategy development, implementation and evaluation.
- The exposure. You have demonstrated ability to design, implement and manage processes that support proactive prospect identification as well as responding to requests from internal clients for suitably qualified prospects. You also have experience in managing Prospect Management systems and providing advice to internal clients to support the engagement of prospects in the pipeline
- The leadership skills. You are familiar with best practices in building a strong collaborative team, with the ability to mentor/train others and the willingness to share skills and techniques with colleagues.
- The ownership. You are self-motivated and possess the ability to recognize when change is necessary, and to develop, implement and lead effective change management strategies.
- The relationship building expertise. You have demonstrated the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels in order to meet common objectives and improve outcomes.
- The technical skills. You are proficient in Windows based database as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. You also have experience with CRM systems.
Please submit a Cover Letter & Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org