Prospect Data Analyst
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference
Advancement Operations supports and guides the External Relations Portfolio in the areas of constituent database and technology infrastructure, business analysis and reporting, gift and biographic records management, campaign reporting, project and fund management. In addition, we provide budget management and human resources services to the External Relations portfolio.
An integral part of the External’s Advancement Operations, the Prospect Management and Data Analytics team, plays a key role in designing, implementing, and coordinating prospect management initiatives, prospect research, and data analytics in support of development and alumni engagement objectives across all fundraising programs, faculties and divisions.
The Prospect Data Analyst will provide the link between data resources and the identification of opportunities that will make Western’s fundraising pipeline stronger. The incumbent will develop innovative models to allow for data-driven prospect decisions, which supports the External Relations Portfolio in developing lifelong relationships with Western’s constituents.
The Prospect Data Analyst will develop and deliver standard metrics and predictive modeling as part of the Prospect Management and Data Analytics service model and is responsible for ensuring that the reporting, analytical and metadata environment provides measurable benefits to External Relations. Under the direction of the Director, Prospect Management and Data Analytics and working closely with the Manager, Prospect Management, the Prospect Data Analyst will also be responsible for the development of working predictive models and will participate in developing a road map for a data analytics and reporting service that supports high-level decision making for the future.
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field
- Masters degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, Data Science, or Business Analytics preferred
- 3 years’ data mining/analysis experience
- Experience developing analytical, segmentation and predictive models
- Experience building effective data mining/analytical sets preferred
- Familiarity with key software; Python, VBA, MS SQL, R, MATLAB, Tableau, Advanced Excel, or other equivalent preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- Proven knowledge and application of data mining and statistics
- Advanced statistical skills including multivariate techniques to identify correlations and patterns, as well as the use of advanced Boolean logic.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and at least one structured programming language.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence concepts, applications, and supporting data structures.
- Ability to asses current business environment, and create models for the optimization of work effort
- Ability to communicate with technical staff, non-technical staff and demonstrate expertise related to data analysis
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Openness to recognize when change is necessary, and to develop, implement and lead effective change management strategies
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external boundaries to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support work beyond one's own unit
- Competency to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to assess complex higher education issues of concern to stakeholders, including the media, the public, and prospective donors
- Ability to draw on diversity of skills, backgrounds and knowledge of people to achieve more effective results
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations that are clearly linked to the organization's strategy and goals
- Ambitious with the ability to identify and analyze opportunities, develop action plans and participate in setting goals in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative when faced with challenges
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other software as required to achieve the objectives of the role
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference 15342, by midnight on March 1, 2019.