Job Title: Prospect Research Analyst
Department: Fund Development
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Direct Reports: N/A
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Prospect Research Analyst is a curious, proactive self-starter who is responsible for identification, research, interpreting and analyzing information on prospective donors to the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation. The Prospect Research Analyst will be results driven and provides research support to fund development teams, in order to support development strategies and advance potential donor relationships.The Prospect Research Analyst will excel at uncovering connections and in depth and actionable insights on prospects and prepare research profiles of key individuals, corporations,and foundations as well as other research duties as required.
- Using a variety of online, electronic and print resources, conduct and respond to research requests in a timely manner. Develop and synthesize information on prospects (including individuals, corporations,and foundations) to produce clear profiles/biographies of their background, inclination to give and capacity, giving history, philanthropic interests,and nature of relationship to the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation.
- Generate and prepare concise and thorough written confidential prospect research snapshots, profiles, briefing notes,and reports using Raiser’s Edge to support the fund development and communication teams.
- Using technology to data mine, screen, etc. to qualify, and rate potential donors and proactively identify new prospective major gift donors.
- Create and support prospect screening and data mining projects. Help to independently verify screening results.
- Find new fundraising opportunities through various channels (i.e. donor advised funds, industry partnerships, etc.)
- Working in-collaboration with Development Associate, assist with maintenance of prospect clearance process to support the fund development teams.Help determine appropriate solicitation ranges and ensure the best prospects in the donor pipeline are assigned to the appropriate Fund Development lead.
- Maintain proficiency with standard prospect research resources (online, electronic and print) and stay abreast of new resources,technology, and industry standards.Continually look for best practices and new ways of prospecting to reach the untapped potential in diverse community.
- Proactively track and disseminate donor and prospect-related information.Monitor news and publicly-available financial information on prospects from press releases and major newspapers.
- Monitor and communicate news, events and issues that impact the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation’s fundraising strategies and the philanthropic environment.
- Create and follow established data procedures, update most current information on donor and prospectrecordsin the donor database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide input in the development of an annual prospect research plan which supports the current and future goals and financial targets.
- Track research activity for internal prospect research metrics.
- Appropriately handle, sort and store donor and prospective donor information. Safeguard the confidentiality of constituent information at all times by adhering to confidentiality guidelines and privacy policies of the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in relevant discipline; Library and Information Studies.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience in the non-profit (or related) sector, preferably in health care setting.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, skills and work experience will be considered.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, other fundraising /CRM databases and Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and research skills.
- Clear understanding of fundraising cycle with demonstrated capacity to create and maintain tools that accurately reflect, monitor, and interpret the activity of the prospect pipeline
- Proficiency in collection, analysis, interpretation, evaluation of information and locating relevant prospect information using a variety of online research databases and other resources.
- Knowledge of research resources including subscriptions, databases, professional organizations,and other online sources.
- Working knowledge of government granting process.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to quickly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information.
- Excellent organization ability; capacity to set priorities,meet deadlines, and manage several projects simultaneously in an environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- Flexible and ability to handle pressure and respond to last minute requests.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Knowledge of prospect research ethics, including statements by Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Strong collaboration skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
Security Clearance Check
All NEW employees are required to provide a successful satisfactory Canadian criminal record check and/or Vulnerable Sector Search prior to the start of their employment. The check must be specific to the role and must be dated no more than 90 days prior to the date on the written offer.
Working at a desk or computer related work for long periods of time.
Hours of Work
7.75 hours per day Monday–Friday. 38.75 hours per week. Permanent 1.0 FTE. This position is an optional permanent remote working opportunity.
Occasional evenings and weekends.
Annual salary range of $58,013 -$68,250. This is a full-time permanent position that includes a competitive benefits package.
Please forward resume with cover letter and salary range expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
The Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.
The Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest in employment with us; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.