Job Description: Prospect Research Associate
Do you see yourself in an organization which plays a key role in caring for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where strategy, research, problem solving and team work frame your day to day activities? Are you a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person whose work ultimately drives the success of an entire organization? Do you want to work on team who makes a difference to the lives of over half a million Torontonians?
If you said yes to these, then North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and destination for philanthropy. At North York General Foundation, our team of creative and dedicated professionals support raising and stewarding funds for our incredible Hospital. Building on the success of our $150 M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are driving towards the future, planning and investing in programs and infrastructure that will transform how our Hospital delivers exceptional care to our growing community.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations and Strategy, the Research Associate will play a key role in the identification of new donors for NYGHF, and in the integrity of our research processes and database. The Research Associate will provide support to the Philanthropy Team, while building skills to continue to develop as a Prospect Researcher. The role will focus on five main areas of the Research Portfolio:
1) Early stage identification of prospects
2) Creation of profiles and event bios
3) Date entry and export
4) Daily Media Scans
5) Competitor research and analysis
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong proficiency in Donor/Client databases (Raiser’s Edge experience a must)
- Strong understanding of government/financial based websites (eg. SEDAR, CRA, TSX)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of online databases
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and be flexible in order to respond to urgent requests and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to take direction, while still being able to work independently.
- The ability to identify, collect, organize, analyze, and present information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Self-motivation, and outside-the-box thinking is an asset.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills; impeccable data entry skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Enthusiastic; willing to expand skillsets and continuous professional development.
- Creative, inquisitive, strategic thinker with the ability to work with ambiguity.
- An understanding of the fundraising cycle and moves management is an asset.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- University or other post-secondary education is preferred, a focus on Information Sciences is an asset
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit; health sector is an asset
We offer a comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a professional and balanced working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that represents excellence in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by December 3, 2018. Please reference “Research Associate” in the subject line.