The QEII Foundation team has a passion for health care making a difference through philanthropy. We inspire generosity to advance health care at the QEII Health Sciences Centre (QEII) on a daily basis. Our vision of transformed health, transformed lives inspires us each day to advance health care at the QEII Health Sciences Centre – the largest and leading academic health centre in Atlantic Canada providing the most advanced specialized care to those who need it most.
Do you see yourself in an organization which plays a key role in caring and changing health care for generations of families to come in Atlantic Canada? Do you thrive in a setting where strategy, research, problem solving and team work frame your day to day activities? Are you a “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done” type of person whose work ultimately drives the success of an entire organization? If you said yes to these, then the QEII Foundation wants you!
We are currently embarking on an exciting time in health care philanthropy with an impending major capital campaign for the QEII – “New Generation” redevelopment project which will transform health care for families in Nova Scotia and the entire Atlantic provinces. We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified professional to join our team in the capacity of:
Prospect Research Coordinator
You will be on the front line of information sourcing, management, analyzing, investigating, interpreting and communicating complex information in support of our campaign and fundraising goals for current priorities and needs of the hospital. The candidate will work lock-step with and report to the Manager, Research Services and will work in close partnership with the entire development team to grow the Foundation’s fundraising programs. You will help enhance the efficiencies of the research department’s moves management system through research profiling, identifying, qualifying, rating, tracking, coding and reporting for the overall growth of the pipeline. The incumbent will provide value-added prospect research with the objective of increasing the QEII Foundation’s competitive edge in the philanthropic marketplace by supplying the information required to secure major gifts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research prospects in a highly ethical manner to increase the donor base by proactively identifying (individuals, corporate, foundations, government), qualifying and tracking prospects and recommended strategies for increasing donor involvement using data mining, constituent screening and segmentation as well as utilizing a variety of research databases and online resources.
- Prepares comprehensive and timely profiles and briefing notes for development officers, foundation staff and board members as requested.
- Work proactively, strategically and collaboratively with fundraising teams (all revenue streams) in rating donors and prospects whilst moving them appropriately along the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship continuum donor cycle.
- Coding and entering relevant research, market and prospect information into Raiser’s Edge database.
- Monitor and communicate news, events and issues that impact the health care landscape in Nova Scotia and the Hospital, the Foundation’s fundraising strategies and the philanthropic environment.
- Responsible to work with and cross-train with our data analytics officer to assist with data preparation & integrity;
- Handle information confidentially, accurately and ethically.
- An undergraduate degree or two or more years related experience in information management and research in a not-for-profit fundraising environment or equivalent.
Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Donor/client database experience with Raiser’s Edge and Crystal Reports software would be considered an asset
- Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills combined with strong ability to focus on details
- Experience in creating and maintaining tools to accurately track donors and relationship building activities
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the fundraising cycle and the function of research in a development office
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, handle multiple responsibilities, set priorities and meet project deadlines
- Ability to provide creative solutions to challenging research tasks and unpack complex information in a well-designed format
- Proven experience in the gathering, analysis and synthesis of complex information needed for problem solving and decision making.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon qualifications. The QEII Foundation offers a highly collaborative and supportive atmosphere; the opportunity for professional growth and development and a competitive benefits package. The QEII Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations by the application deadline of November 30, 2018 (5 p.m. A.S.T.), to: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the QEII Foundation
The QEII Foundation inspires generosity to advance health care at the QEII Health Sciences Centre. Gift by gift, the QEII Foundation supports a number of remarkable health care advancements that contribute to the life-changing moments experienced by patients and their loved ones every day. By working with a community of people who have a vision of better health, together we strengthen the extraordinary health care at the QEII, improving the health of our fellow Atlantic Canadians.