Prospect Research Officer
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
- Creates and updates comprehensive prospect profiles and research papers to evaluate relationship and to identify existing connectivity to enhance the cultivation process and ensure sufficient information is in place to determine appropriate solicitation levels.
- These prospects include: corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals including alumni. The profiles and research papers may contain, but are not limited to, contact information, donation interests, volunteer and donation history with SAIT, family member linkages to SAIT, and the assessment of the ability to give. Fulfill requests for information on prospects
- Performs in-depth library and electronic research as requested
- Mines current database to maximize financial support. Evaluates previous gift data, relationships and other available information
- Collaborate routinely with the Research Services Coordinator to develop prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and overall research strategies
- Media Monitoring and Prospect Management
- Uses the internet, newspapers, directories, periodicals, and other publications to gather up-to-date information on assigned donor prospects. Information is distributed to the Development team on a daily basis
- Maintains and continues to build the Prospect Management database through the gathering of key information, entry of information into the database, other research
- Develops measurement indicators in response to request from department, gathers, compiles and analyses results to identify causative relationships, presents to A&D Leadership to support strategic decision making within department
- Proactively performs ongoing research on economic trends and factors which may influence SAIT's domestic and international training potential
- Reviews best practice trends in industry and develop strategies to innovative changes to enhance research efficiencies and results, together with other researchers
- Engages in special research projects as requested
- Research Administration and Other Duties
- Participates in department planning sessions to ensure intelligence provided through research activities
- Responds to department needs, ensuring focused cultivation and solicitation strategies can be developed and implemented
- Monitors issues relating to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act
- Other administrative support duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Library Science, History or English / Communication); a Master’s degree in a related field such as Library and Information Studies (MLIS) is preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience in fundraising research in a nonprofit, institutional setting.
- Experience in researching individuals and corporations for the purpose of identifying prospects for fundraising activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Internet search/access capabilities to identify and research prospects.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, possessing the ability to multi-task and work independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge of online information sources Is essential.
- Equivalent professional experience in an analytical, research or information specialist role within an academic nonprofit corporate or consulting environment will be considered.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized, possess an inquisitive, analytical mind and a proactive work ethic
- Non-Profit Management Certificate would be an asset or training provided by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) or the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
Adheres to APRA, CASE, AFP and other recognized fund-raising and research ethics policies and standards.Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and develop proactive prospecting methodologies to support organizational goals including data mining sophisticated constituent database queries and research projects etc.Limited evening or weekend work may be required for special event participation
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
AUPE: This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req683||Job Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Job Classification||AUPE||Job Type||Permanent|
|Employee Group||Research Officer||Position End Date|
|Department||Alumni & Development||# of Positions||1|
|The compensation range||26.09 - 33.15 Salary|
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req683
- Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Job Classification: Research Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
- Employee Group: AUPE
- Position End Date:
- Department: Alumni & Development
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: August 12, 2019 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.