Position: Prospect Research Officer
Location: Saskatoon Campus
Status: full-time, ongoing
The Prospect Research Officer will:
- Conduct in-depth research and data collection to systemically identify prospects for major, planned, and annual gift prospects using best-practices and methodologies. This includes the utilization of tools and techniques such as data mining, reviewing of contact reports and relationship leads with Advancement staff, and monitoring of industry news and trends.
- Develop, maintain and update information on new and existing donor prospects.
- Develop and implement an institution wide Prospect Management framework and related procedures, and develop the necessary database infrastructure to support the identification, tracking and reporting.
- Provide support for relationship management strategies including prospect and donor management
- Provide research and analysis expertise for Advancement in support of programs, projects or initiatives.
Qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Social Science or a field related to market research, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years of relevant experience in prospect research and database administration.
- Demonstrated proficiency with fundraising donor databases (ie. Raiser’s Edge).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to provide concise written and verbal communication with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at using quantitative and qualitative assessments to draw conclusions.
- Skilled at finding and accessing external data/information sources for research.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritizing and performing multiple tasks within time constraints and through interruptions.
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, working well within a team environment, across departments, and with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Link to posting on external site: http://careers.saskpolytech.ca/postings/29383