Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Director, Global Partnerships
Location: Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Contact Level: B
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
As a collaborative- member of the Philanthropy team, the Prospect Researcher plays an integral role in ensuring the success of Plan International Canada's fundraising activities as we move into a high growth $100 million campaign. The Philanthropy team is responsible for fundraising for Plan International Canada’s core programming activities, with a focus on securing major donations from individual donors, corporate donors, and foundations across Canada.
Reporting to the Director, the Prospect Researcher will identify, research, develop and track individual, corporate and foundation prospects that have the capacity, affinity and inclination to donate to the organization. This includes analyzing and disseminating collected information to assess potential donors, composing profiles, and developing prospect plans.
We are looking for a candidate that can bring a strategic approach to prospect research; someone who is able to align prospects with priority funding opportunities and identify connections that will help open doors to those prospects. Our successful candidate will be experienced in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel, a CRM database and prospect research software/databases. Resourcefulness, curiosity, creativity, tenacity, organization, analysis and adaptability are critical factors for success.
What does success look like?
- Lead the overall coordination of prospect research for the Philanthropy team, including the CEO, to support the development of complex gifts to help reach a $100 million campaign target over the next 4 years
- Support the process related to prospect assignment and moves management
- Lead data integrity and management cross collaborative projects on behalf of the Philanthropy team
- Create prospect and donor profiles, biographies and briefing documents
- Conduct ongoing internal and external research to identify new prospects
- Compile, analyze and interpret data on prospects and donors
- Ability to be nimble and re-prioritize with the ability to anticipate changing priorities
- Prepare strategic briefings to support events
- Identify individuals, corporations and foundations appropriate for targeted cultivation and wider engagement
- Manage external online research tool vendors and ensure organizational efficiency related to associated costs
- Maintain and update donor and prospect profiles and records in database
- Research organization’s priority projects; staying up-to-date on funding priorities, progress and country contexts
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Proven experience in research in a non-profit or corporate environment
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely, complete documentation, files and online records
- Superior research, organizational and fact checking skills
- A propensity for innovation in finding information in new ways
- Excellent written and verbal communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- The ability to analyze financial disclosure documents for the purposes of wealth assessment
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment and to work independently
- Superior follow-through with a positive “can do” attitude
- Business acumen and the ability to influence others by fostering strong business relationships
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities and professionals
- A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 23, 2020. Please reference Prospect Researcher in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!