Havergal College is a pre-eminent Canadian independent school for girls from JK to Grade 12. We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual to join our faculty and staff as the Research and Information Management Officer.
The primary role of the Research and Information Management Officer is to advance prospect research activities, contribute to the strategic use of information gathered and regularly evaluate the management of information for Havergal’s Advancement & Community Relations team. With a particular focus on supporting the Major Gifts team, including the Principal, the Officer will manage the identification and investigation of prospects, fundraising volunteers and other key community stakeholders. The Officer will provide exceptional data management and analytical services to the department of A&CR and the Principal’s office, playing a key role in the development and support of Havergal’s major gift program, donor stewardship, alumnae relations, parent association and philanthropic and volunteer relationships. The officer is pivotal in managing the donor prospect pipeline designed to ensure achievement.
- Identify and qualify prospects with the ability to make gifts of size from various stakeholder groups, based on insights gained from the collection and analysis of internal and external data.
- Prepare detailed briefing notes and profiles of prospects and donors to support a cultivation and solicitation strategy.
- Working with the data integrity committee, develop, implement and maintain protocols for tracking advancement and community relations related data in the school’s database to ensure that up-to-date, high-quality information is available to facilitate business decision-making and strategic planning.
- Monitor philanthropic trends and relevant comparisons.
- Support the Director, Major Gifts and Campaigns in developing new strategies for enhanced prospecting activities and ensure the development of the prospect pipeline.
- Prepare briefings for meetings, solicitations, and events where donors and prospects will be present.
- Statistical analysis of school information and data as required.
- Our faculty and staff are the competitive advantage at Havergal College. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree in Library Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Business, Social Sciences or a related field;
- A Master's degree is desired or the equivalent of 3-5 years of experience in a non-profit organization in a prospect research role is a must have;
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and the ability to work independently;
- Will have the ability to identify, gather, collect, analyze and synthesize complex financial and biographic data from a wide variety of sources including print, electronic, online and internet-based resources and present the resulting information in a clear summary with supporting graphs and/or charts where useful and essential to provide advice and communicate key insights.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Google Applications, various databases and other research tools. Veracross and Graduway experience considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel a must. Experience in statistical software an asset (e.g. SPSS; SAS).
Our faculty and staff are the competitive advantage at Havergal College. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.