Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) seeks a new team member to revolutionize healthcare and create a more equitable, sustainable world. We are looking for a Research Officer who embraces curiosity, strategic thinking, collaboration, quality, proactivity, and super sleuthing ability! The Research Officer will join our high-performing Advancement team and provide unparalleled customer service to fuel, deepen, and diversify WCHF relationships. This position is pivotal for expanding strategic Foundation activity to support the revolutionary, bold vision of Women’s College Hospital (WCH).
ABOUT WOMEN’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
We are revolutionizing healthcare. Side by side with donors, community members, staff and medical teams, WCHF raises, manages and invests funds to support WCH in its mission to revolutionize healthcare to ensure a more equitable and sustainable system. WCHF donors contribute generously to help fund equipment, research, and innovative clinical programs that address the unique needs of women and their families while working to close critical health gaps within the system. A values-driven organization, respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. Fueled by our Triple Aim of Philanthropy, Partnerships and People, our vision is to be the charity of choice for advancing health for women in Canada and health system solutions for all.
ABOUT WOMEN’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL
For more than 100 years WCH has been developing revolutionary advances in healthcare. Today, WCH is a world leader in the health of women and Canada’s leading, academic ambulatory hospital. A champion of equitable access, WCH advocates for the health of all women from diverse cultures and backgrounds and ensures their needs are reflected in the care they receive. It focuses on delivering innovative solutions that address Canada’s most pressing issues related to population health, patient experience and system costs. The WCH Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV) is developing new, scalable models of care that deliver improved outcomes for patients and sustainable solutions for the health system as a whole. Women’s College Research Institute (WCRI) is tackling some of the greatest health challenges of our time. Its scientists conduct global research that advances health of women and improves healthcare options for all, and are then translating those discoveries to provide improvements in healthcare worldwide.
As a key member of the Advancement team, the Research Officer will provide critical research and data for activities of the Advancement team and office of the President and CEO. The ideal incumbent is passionate about data, analytics, innovative thinking, integration, teamwork, and communication. Reporting to the Director, Advancement, the successful candidate will manage research systems, products, processes, and protocols to support the achievement of the Foundation’s revenue and activity targets.
- Ensures alignment of research strategies across the Foundation’s strategic goals. This includes a key focus on women in philanthropy at all levels, and other key populations as identified by WCHF
- Generates proactive research and qualified prospects to fuel WCHF’s pipeline and initiatives
- Devises strategies with team to obtain new prospects to fuel major gift prospect base
- Delivers dynamic, prioritized, high quality, accurate prospect research and analytical reports
- Is accountable as a team player by embracing and consistently enacting organizational values of equity, respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable
Overall Pipeline Health & Management:
- Enters and manages research, market, and prospect information
- Devises strategies together with the Advancement & Leadership teams to obtain new prospects
- Identifies 100 new prospects per year to fuel Advancement pipeline
- Conducts detailed biographical, corporate, foundation and financial research for identified prospects using traditional and innovative sources to determine capacity and inclination in support of initiatives
- Ensures detailed, clear and up-to-date profile reports and briefings on prospects
- Prepares research and reports for appropriate Foundation stakeholders in support of priority initiatives
- Tracks, prioritizes and manages prospect research work plan to ensure timelines are met
- Demonstrates innovative thinking in terms of products, data, communications
- Dynamically communicates news and information impacting fundraising strategies and the philanthropic environment. Experience with social media a key asset
- Manages the prospect research system and provides recommendations where appropriate
- Investigates and analyzes information related to donor contacts; effectively summarizes key information
- Budget and tracking hub for all research resources and materials
- Post-secondary education in library science, fundraising or not-for-profit management or equivalent
- Ability to research, analyze, synthesize, present data in clear manner and sensitive management
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize a diverse range of projects with high efficiency, accuracy and timeliness
- Proficiency with office, research, communications databases, software, platforms (eg. Raiser's Edge, NXT)
- Proactive, inquisitive, innovative nature as well as a critical-thinking lens
- Customer-service orientation to provide accurate information in a timely manner in fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people including staff, committees and volunteers
- Understanding of relevant privacy legislation and ethical obligations under the Donor Bill of Rights and APRA’s ethics and professional standards.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations, by Friday, March 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.