The Senior Associate Director, Prospect Research and Records is responsible for the strategic development and management of comprehensive and innovative services and programs to identify potential donors, providing business intelligence and strategic recommendations on potential and past donors, and oversees the maintenance of alumni, prospect and donor records for the Vice-President, Advancement and Alumni Engagement (VPAAE) portfolio. The Senior Associate Director regularly assesses operations and proactively responds to the changing and diverse information and intelligence needs in higher education, philanthropy, alumni engagement and advancement-research to ensure that business practices continue to meet organizational needs and remain strategic. The incumbent builds and maintains highly effectual partnerships with the advancement and alumni staff across campus and within the central office. The Senior Associate Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining a data governance and information quality focused records culture to support the long-term strategic goals of the VPAAE portfolio. The incumbent designs and develops business intelligence frameworks and processes for use by VPAAE senior management, staff and other campus stakeholders to ensure high-quality outcomes for the acquisition, maintenance and dissemination of data.
- Bachelor's degree in Arts or Business Administration and eight years of fundraising, prospect management research, and supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Good knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to build relationships and maintain rapport with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, planning and human resource management skills.
- Excellent leadership, team-building, coaching and mentorship skills.
- Excellent organizational, research, analytical, and reporting skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to exercise a high level of mature judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to ensure strict confidentiality in the handling of donor and alumni information.
- Proficient in the use of standard office applications, enterprise level information systems, and constituent relationship management software (e.g. Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, Blackbaud).
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
For more information please click here: Job Description: