2019 Radhika Jaggernauth Conference Scholarship Opportunities (2 available)
Apra Canada supports its members in pursuing professional development through conference attendance. We are committed to providing funds for quality education and networking opportunities for our Canadian researchers. This year we will be awarding:
- 2 scholarships valued at CDN $1,500 to the Apra International conference (which will be held in Phoenix, July 31-August 3)
The scholarships cover the cost of conference fees, travel and accommodations up to the amount provided. Funds will be distributed to the recipient following the conference upon presentation of receipts and any other documentation.
• Applicants must work at least 50% of the time in advancement research for a non-profit organization in a non-consulting capacity.
• Applicants must be current members of Apra Canada (for at least the past 6 months).
• Applicants should demonstrate financial need and leadership potential.
• Previous scholarship or award winners must wait 3 years before applying again.
• Apra Canada Board Members cannot apply.
• Applicants must not have a co-worker participating on the scholarship selection panel.
About the Radhika Jaggernauth Conference Scholarships
In August 2012, the Canadian prospect research community lost a valued member. Radhika Jaggernauth passed away after being diagnosed with cancer. Radhika was an Apra Canada Director responsible for the Regional Representatives portfolio. Over the years, she gave a great deal of time as a volunteer with Apra. As a prospect researcher, Radhika contributed directly to the success of a number of organisations, including the Heart and Stroke Foundation, UNICEF and the United Way of Greater Toronto. She is remembered as a kind-hearted, funny, inquisitive, and focused individual who was committed to Apra Canada and the research profession. The 2011-2012 Apra Canada Board of Directors renamed the Apra Canada Scholarships in Radhika's memory.
Applications to the 2019 Radhika Jaggernauth Conference Scholarships are due Friday, May 17, 2019 at Midnight (EST)
Completed applications may be forwarded to – Sarah Anderson, Secretary, Apra Canada Board of Directors at email@example.com