As we move into the fall, the Board is already busy preparing for activities in the months to come - this includes our Board elections. This year, we have 5 vacancies and hope that members take the opportunity to self-nominate when the formal call for nominations is circulated in October.
Serving on the board is a great way to work with and learn from your colleagues across the country. You'll also gain invaluable experience serving on the board of a nonprofit association. As well, Board members can access tailored leadership development opportunities. Of course, above all, we have fun while we volunteer! To find out more about the roles and responsibilities of a Board member, please refer to these job descriptions.
To make it easier for our members to get involved at this level of volunteer leadership, the Board simplified the criteria of eligibility. Each Board candidate must:
1. Be an Apra Canada member in good standing.
2. Have been an Apra Canada member in good standing for the 6 month period preceding the nomination.
3. Have at least 6 months of experience in advancement research.
As well, the Board has introduced subsidies for which each current Board member will be eligible:
1. Apra Canada will cover the Apra International membership fee for one Board member.
2. Apra Canada will pay the registration fee for one Board member to attend the Apra International conference.
Once the new Board is in place, Board members will select the recipient(s) by a vote. Please contact Selene Hur at email@example.com for additional details.
If you're still unsure about self-nominating, feel free to contact any Board member with your questions!