CancerCare Manitoba, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. We invite applications for the position of:
Associate Director, Research Operations
Research Institute in Oncology & Hematology and Clinical Trials Unit
Permanent, Full-time (1.0 EFT)
Under the direction of the Chief of Research, the Associate Director, Research Operations leads the overall planning and delivery of research operations for CancerCare Manitoba (CCMB) in order to achieve its strategic priorities and objectives. This role is accountable to provide administrative leadership for advancing cancer clinical trials and cancer research initiatives within the Research Institute in Oncology and Hematology, while developing and implementing programs, structures, policies and systems to ensure they are high-quality and cost-effective.
As the Research Institute is a joint institute of CancerCare Manitoba and the University of Manitoba, the Associate Director, Research Operations will ensure there is alignment of corporate policies and cancer research priorities, while ensuring overall operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as timely reporting on outcomes.
- Completion of a master’s level degree in a health or science-related discipline
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a research/medical laboratory or other research environment
- A minimum of five years’ experience managing operations and developing teams in a complex environment with proven success through strong leadership and the building of collaborative relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- A minimum of three years’ demonstrated experience developing/conceptualizing, implementing and monitoring strategic initiatives or change management
- Must hold a satisfactory employment record
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
Will be assessed during the interview process:
- Excellent risk mitigation and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen including finance and budgeting
- An understanding of necessary legal and regulatory documents related to research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare various documents/reports and deliver presentations
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and formulate recommendations to senior leadership
- Doctorate level degree in a health- or science-related discipline
- Master of Business Administration, or equivalent
- Experience managing laboratory and/or research operations in a healthcare facility
- Ability to speak French
Starting Salary: $86,088.30 and commensurate based on qualifications and experience
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed and current resume, plus cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above qualifications and the above Competition Number to:
Human Resources Services
675 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3E OV9
Closing Date: April 08, 2021